Just Jerome Historic Tour
Photo courtesy of the Jerome Historical Society
|Starts in Jerome||Length: 1 1/2 hours|
When planning a trip to Arizona, a Jerome tour is a “must do”. Recently voted as one of “America’s Coolest Small Towns” by BudgetTravel.com readers, the former mining town is one of the most popular sites in Northern Arizona to visit. On this 1 ½ hour tour, our guide will drive you from the bottom to the top and all around this National Historic Landmark. You will be taken to back alleys, former brothel sites and other historic areas seldom seen by many visitors to this quaint, historic town.
Following this richly historic tour, your guide will point out various restaurants, museums, shops, wine-tasting rooms and other areas of interest to round out your visit to this unique town.
SITES YOU WILL VISIT:
- JEROME’S FAMOUS SLIDING JAIL
- THE AUDREY HEADFRAME (here you will gaze down 1900’ feet into an abandoned mine shaft)
- JEROME’S INFAMOUS BROTHEL AREA
- THE UNITED VER COPPER COMPANY OWNED BY SENATOR WILLIAM A CLARK.
- THE LITTLE DAISY MINE OWNED BY JIMMY “RAWHIDE” DOUGLAS
- AND NUMEROUS OTHER HISTORIC SITES
1 1/2 Hour Tour
$25 for Adults, $15 for Children
($5 additional fee per person if 2 people or less on tour)
THIS TOUR IS A MUST FOR HISTORY BUFFS!